Friday, June 4

Vacation Season

Vacation season has arrived!

At the end of this month, I'm taking a road trip with my sister and her two girls out to Tennessee.
We'll be stopping at the Biltmore Estate to look at the beautiful gardens and home (and maybe pick out a few bottles of wine!):

Last time I was at the Biltmore, Spring hadn't quite fully sprung yet.  This time I hope to find more color!

We'll try our hands at gem mining, and maybe even strike it rich!  After we make our fortunes, we'll be amazed at the Ripley's Aquarium, where there are more fish than people living in Gatlinburg!   At the end of our trip we'll head to the Luray Caverns, and then work our way back home.

But I really won't be going home yet... I'll be going only partway, and then hitching a ride with my parents up to Pennsylvania for our huge family reunion on the family farm!  It's a fun time every year with fireworks and auctions and cows and FOOD!  Yummy, I can't wait!

After all that, I'll need a little break from the road, I'm sure!  Who knows what the month of July will bring though...

In August, I'll be going on a vacation with my family to Yellowstone National Park.  We haven't quite figured out what we want to do once we get there yet, but I'm sure whatever it is, it'll be breath-taking!


Maybe next year I'll have enough money to take a trip to England!  I would love to go see all the gardens over there!  And ever since I saw this ensemble put together at ModCloth, I've been dreaming of wearing it to walk through quaint little towns all day!  It's funny how an outfit can inspire different vacations...

For real or for imagination, where are you going this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails