Wednesday, June 2

Family, Flowers, and Fotos

I feel like it's been forever since I've posted anything!  It's likely due to the fact that the past week has been incredibly busy. My parents host a reunion for my dad's side of the family every Memorial Day weekend, so all last week I was running around trying to get things cleaned and cooked and prettified.  Family started arriving around 9pm on Friday and by the time I woke up on Saturday, the house was full of aunts, uncles, cousins, and a proud grandmother!  We hit the beach before lunchtime, and unfortunately didn't stay long because of the weather.  Although, we did manage to pull out of the parking lot just as the rain fell out of the sky like a waterfall!  The rest of the weekend was spent poolside, feasting on BBQ and potato salad.  Before everyone hit the road again, we all went out to the Norfolk Botanical Gardens to take a family picture and enjoy the scenery:


I have to say, it's a little hectic getting this many people to all look at the same place and smile at the same time!  But I think Dan did a good job setting the camera up, and his mom did a nice job making everyone smile for the picture!

Here's another of the family, set at a long exposure, while we all tried to figure our way through the Butterfly Maze:

I love that my grandpa is the only one who stood still and so it looks like time is speeding up around him!


Working at the gardens, I encounter snakes quite often.  Most are just sunbathing on the hot pavement, some are hiding away in flower beds, and some are en route to new locations.  This very day I was out with my family taking pictures, I encountered another snake - NOT sunbathing or hiding or slithering away.  This snake was feasting!  EEEEEWWWW!!!  I even got the rattle-shake to warn me to get away from his dinner before he hobbled off into the meadow, rodent in mouth.  Fresh from that scene, Dan took this photo:


It's so nice to have him in town again!  And this time he's here for a month!  I don't feel like I have to rush our time together like I usually do. I know he'll still be here next week to go out to the movies with or take bike rides through the gardens or go to the zoo or the aquarium or the beach.  June is officially Date Month!  Hopefully I'll have lots to document while he's here, and honestly, I hope I don't have enough time to post anything til he's gone - because that means we're actually out doing things!  This next week is already mostly booked with fun things: drinks after work, a dance at the Hilton (we might have to brush up on our skills!), friends visiting from Blacksburg, bike night at the gardens... and that's all before my next weekend off!


I think June will be a good month!


Thank you to Dan for his photos on today's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails