Wednesday, May 19

Land meets Sea

With the clouds still lurking above, I caught a little nautical fever!


Shirt: TJ Maxx
Jeans: Charlotte Russe
Shoes: Thrifted
Belt: Thrifted
Hat: Thrifted
Rings: H&M


It's funny how creative and resourceful I have to be when taking my pictures.  Since I'm saving for an apartment, I kind of have to wait to buy a really nice digital camera.  Don't get me wrong, I love my little pocket camera!  It's just a little small, and the pictures aren't such high quality.  It's one of those things where I get really disappointed after spending a weekend playing with Dan's camera to come back to my own little guy who doesn't do much.  Anyways, back to resourcefulness and creativity.  So the camera I use for my pictures is a small Casio, and I attach a little mini tripod to help it stand up.  I've come to realize that, around my parent's house, there aren't a whole lot of ledges to stand the tripod on.  I've stood it on my car in the driveway, on top of trash cans, on steps and birdfeeders, but today, I have to say I impressed myself with what I found to hold my camera upright...

When I got to this spot in the yard, I thought the row of pines would look pretty cool, but looking around I couldn't find anything to sit my camera on besides the ground.  I noticed some of the pines had lost a few limbs in some recent storms, so I got the thought that maybe I could make a little structure to sit against the tree.  Turns out, my idea worked and I was able to manage a few pictures under the pines after all!

Maybe if Dan had been here I would have convinced him to take my pictures on his camera!  And maybe I would have chosen a more nautical setting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails