Monday, September 13

Recounting the Memories: Part 1

Well!  I'd say summer blew by fast enough!  It's a week past labor day, and only a week short of the fall equinox!  I think now is as good a time as ever to take a look back on my summer, and share the captured memories.  This first post (one of a few, I'm sure) will start with the beginning of the solstice.

Only three days into the official first day of summer, I was delighted to attend a friend's wedding!  He and his bride had a beautiful ceremony out in Suffolk, Virginia in the early afternoon.  It was HOT!  I was so glad their ceremony was a short one - I worried one of the groomsmen might pass out from heat stroke!  I can't imagine wearing a black tuxedo on a hot, humid June afternoon!  Despite the sweat, the whole thing was amazing!  Simple and sweet - I absolutely loved it!




The reception inside was wonderful, too! The happy couple was surrounded by lots of family members, friends, yummy southern food, good music, and so many smiles! 

Hydrangeas and Hershey Kisses decorated the tables, and I adored the mason jars filled with wildflowers as centerpieces...


      Oh, and did I mention the cupcakes?!  They were delicious!


But I think the best decoration of all had to be:

the bowtie on the moose!

The wedding was a great way to kick off the summer.  I wish Denver and Mary all the best!


Where to next on my summertime journey?  A road trip with the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails